Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Can you tell me please what an Error 40 means on a Wolf

Can you tell me...

Can you tell me please what an Error 40 means on a Wolf warming drawer?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Wolf is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I thing it's 5 years old and the model is WWD40

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I don't know yet cause I don't know what the error means.

3/22/2018
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

The error itself is

Less than 5º change in temperature over 10 minutes of continuous call for heat

• Occurs only during preheat mode and the door is closed
  • Error 40 on a Wolf Warming Drawer
  • Err 40
  1. Power the unit off by pressing the Power On/Off key.
  2. Press and hold the Power On/Off key, along with MED and PROOF keys simultaneously for five seconds. The display should now read "RE."
  3. Press and hold TIMER Up and TIMER Down simultaneously for five seconds. The unit will beep one time.
  4. Press TIMER Up one time and release. If cleared, display should now read “Error None.”
  5. Exit diagnostic mode by pressing the Power On/Off key.
  6. Verify unit operation by turning unit on and allowing it to preheat.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me. It has been a pleasure assisting you today.

Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman