Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My GE washer is spinning took fast at every cycle and every…

My GE washer is...

My GE washer is spinning took fast at every cycle and every speed. Makes a loud grinding noise and has to be shut off. Balancing load does not help. What's wrong?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

The model is GFWN1100LWW. Its about 5 or 6 years old.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Depends on repair needed

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Hopefully the repair can be done from the front because they are stacked in a small place.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/22/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

The only thing that can cause the washer to actually spin too fast is the motor control board. That is mounted to the floor below the tub and the board would have to be replaced if that is the problem. Below is a link to the part and it's about $260.

CLICK HERE for control board

Now the bigger problem would be if it's not really spinning too fast and it's just really loud and sounds like a jet engine because the rear drum bearing is going out. If that's the case, you may as well get a new washer because the cost of replacing the bearing is about $700-800 since it requires a rear outer tub and entire stainless steel inner basket.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I know it's spinning too fast because I have watched it and heard it.

OK understood. Again if that is the case, your motor control board I gave you a link to needs to be replaced.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No,

? I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Why am I rating you before you answer my questions and address my problem? I will be glad to do that after we finish.

I did answer your question. Did you not get it? Here is what I wrote once again.

CLICK HERE for control board

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc