Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Whirlpool Model ET188KXGWB 2 is leaking water and its

Customer Question
accumulating below the drawer....
Whirlpool Model ET188KXGWB 2 is leaking water and its accumulating below the drawer.
Submitted: 30 days ago.Category: Appliance
3/22/2018
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 30 days ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

This is a very common issue and it means that your defrost drain line has frozen over and will need to be thawed out. This often times happens for no reason at all and is just random. You will need to remove everything out of your freezer and remove the back panel inside the freezer. Use a hair dryer to thaw all the ice out and locate the drain hole. Pour hot water down the drain hole until it's draining properly again. Once it's draining properly blow compressed air down to make sure it's clear. If you don't have compressed air, use a turkey baster to make sure the drain line is clear and draining properly. Cut a solid copper piece of wire about 6 inches long. Wrap it around the defrost heater a couple times just above the drain hole and extend it 2 inches into the defrost drain hole. That will transfer heat into the drain hole when the defrost heater turns on and will prevent the defrost drain line from freezing over in the future.

Also, if you didn't want to use a copper wire, there is an actual kit made which you can wrap around the heater if you wanted to buy the actual kit to perform this task.

CLICK HERE for kit

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
I'm not at home to do this yet. So I can't give you a rating until I perform the task.

ok... as long as you don't forget then I don't have a problem with that.

Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 26 days ago

.

Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 24 days ago

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc