Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Maytag Bravos xl washer says drn. 4yrs? Bravos xl mct. I…

My Maytag Bravos...

My Maytag Bravos xl washer says drn.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

4yrs?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Bravos xl mct

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I will fix it if I can.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/22/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

This error means that your washer isn't draining properly. You'll need to tip the the washer backwards and unplug the unit so you can get under the washer. The drain pump is mounted to the back of the washer under the tub. It will need to be removed to check for any blockages. If you find nothing, then drain all the water out and try the washer again. If you get the error code again and you found nothing in the drain pump, you need to replace the drain pump itself. Below is a video that shows you how to remove the drain pump so you can check for debris or replace the pump. Whirlpool owns Maytag so don't be confused by the video working on a Whirlpool washer---they are the same style now.

CLICK HERE for video

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

I can't even plug my washer in because the sparks fly so does that also pertain to Maybe the drain pump still trying to drain when I plug it in or a why do I get the sparks?

The sparks likely mean the drain pump is trying to run all the time so it's pulling power when you plug the pump into the washer. If you drain all the water out and still get the error, your main control board is shorted and would need to be replaced.

Can you tell me how much a drain pump would be if needed and also How much is a main control board if needed?

Typically the drain pump is about $75 and the main control board is about $300

How and where do I get parts if I need them?

You can order them at Searspartsdirect.com if you enter the model number.

Where are all the identification numbers located on my machine?
my machine says it has a 10 year warranty with that cover a drain pump or control board? What does the warranty cover?

Below the lid down near the hinges is where the model sticker is. The warranty does not cover the pump or board. The 10 year warranty is only for the inner tub if it rusts or cracks.

Well let's hope it's the drain pump and not the main control board.

yes indeed.

Ok. Thank you.

No problem and good luck!

Thanks.

...

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc