Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Maytag mah2400aww filter access? Unknown and mah2400aww2. No

Customer Question

Maytag mah2400aww filter access?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: unknown and mah2400aww2
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no just hear coins rolling around making noise
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

Are you saying you hear coins rolling around when the drum is turning?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
noise is in filter of drain pump but it drains fine and only noise on spin but gets quiet after speeds up until it slows down
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

OK, well there is a lower access panel on the front of your washer. Stick a putty knife into the seam above this bottom kick panel and pry down on the hidden locking tabs. The lower access panel will hinge down and forward. Then there is a 3" round diameter twist cap you can unscrew to remove the filter.

As for the coins though, I've never heard of hearing any noise inside the filter catch. It may clog draining, but they've never made a noise as far as I'm aware. This sounds more like an issue which is a really major job unfortunately. The plastic agitators are attached by a screw coming in from the outside of the inner tub, so to remove the coins the entire tube needs to be split apart and the inner tub needs to be removed to remove the screw so that you can remove the plastic paddle.

Now, if you really want to go through with this repair, below is a video that shows you how to take the washer apart so that you can remove the tub and split it apart so that you may finally remove the baffle to take the coins out---it's a half day job if you're handy just to remove the coins. There is no harm in leaving the coins there but it's quite annoying as you have likely noticed.

CLICK HERE for video

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.