Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a F24 code on my oven and have for a time, it isn't…

Customer Question
I have a F24...

I have a F24 code on my oven and have for a long time, it isn't beeping now but on occasion does beep

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Models C302U/C/272U and C301U/C27IU approx 8-10 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

It depends what is involved

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not exactly understanding your answer to the above questions

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/22/2018
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 3 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

F24 is a very straight forward error, your touchpad is failing. If the issue tends to happen when the oven has been on for a while, that's common because the heat from the oven will cause the touchpad to act up and think that you're pressing and holding a button when you're not. Of course the unit shouldn't act up in this manner normally, but the touchpad will need to be replaced to get it working normally again. You can order the part from Repairclinic.com or Searspartsdirect.com if you give them your full model number, but the touchpad generally costs about $300 just as a warning so you're not in sticker shock. You'll need the exact model number located on a sticker behind the vent panel that goes across the door latch just below the control panel in order to get the correct touchpad for your unit.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

I will give you a rating, but also was told that I would get my charge back to my card? from the original people I chatted with?

I'm not sure what promotions are running currently. I just answer the appliance questions and help you fix your problem.

Interesting!!!!!!!

?