Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I need help starting the self clean oven feature. Fridigire…

Customer Question
I need help starting...

I need help starting the self clean oven feature

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Fridigire electric glass top

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

When I press the self clean button it appears to turn on. But then goes back to the regular selection

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/22/2018
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 4 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.
Also the website will send you a phone call offer that is not from me!

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

Looking. Model fef366ece
Text me
Are you there?

Thank you!
Give me a few minutes to pull up information on this model.
I am helping you along with other customers so there may be a delay in responses to do not panic just wait for my reply thank you.

Ok

ok so to start a self clean cycle .

To Set the Controls for a Self-Clean Cycle or a Delayed Start Self-Clean Cycle:

press the clean keypad a ---will show in the display use the up or down arrow to set the clean length of time for either 2 or 3 hours .

As soon as the controls are set, the motor driven lock will begin to close automatically and the “LOCK” indicator light will flash. DO NOT open the oven door while the light is flashing (it takes about 15 seconds for the oven door to lock). 6. "CLn" will appear in the display during the Self-Clean cycle and the "LOCK" light will glow until the Self Cleaning cycle is complete or cancelled and the oven temperature has cooled.

After you have pressed the clean button are you selecting the up or down arrows to select the clean time ?

It worked. Thanks so much!

no problem !

Always glad to assist you anytime.

Thank you in advance.
If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time. I do not get compensated until you rate me.