Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We have a thermador gas oven. the stove works and the fan…

Customer Question
Hello, we have a...

Hello, we have a thermador gas oven. the stove works and the fan works in the oven...however the oven does not ignite. we have replaced the ignitor but it still won't ignite even though there is an electrical charge. what can we do?

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Thermador 36inch 2005 #prg366us/01

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

We have an electrical here we have an electrician here

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I don't think so

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
we DO have electrical current and it did just turn on briefly..but then it turned off again
3/22/2018
Appliance Technician: applianceguy, Customer Service replied 4 months ago
applianceguy
applianceguy, Customer Service
Hi.when it just turned on briefly,after it shut off, did the igniter come back on?
Or does it not even try to come back on?
no, it wouldn't reignite again and the voltage level went down from 13 to 8
Did the igniter glow?
no it didn't
Where were you checking voltage?
the leads going into the ignitor
You should be getting 110vac from the valve to the igniter. The thermostat sends power to the valve. Then the valve sends power to the igniter. As the igniter heats up, the amp draw opens the valve. So either the thermostat is not sending power to the valve, or you have a bad valve.
Check voltage at wires coming into the valve. If you have 110vac you have a bad valve. If not bad thermostat.
ok we are checking into it now
1.5 volts going into the valve...looking for the thermostat. can you tell us the location for that?
The thermostat is the knob you turn for temperature. Unable to pull up you parts diagram. Looking.
This is a generic video, but it may help. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fG41h7JFLXw&itct=CBUQpDAYASITCMGOx9a9gNoCFZqtwQodC9QLQTIHcmVsYXRlZEijrsDpler654MB
what is the part model # for the thermostat we would need?
I am trying to find a breakdown. Will let you know what I find.
Sorry for delay I am on the road right now.
ok look forward to ur response
00487538 I found it at marcone.com
Please don’t forget to rate my answer. Thank you.