Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My machine originally didn't spin fully, now won't drain or…

Customer Question
Hi my machine originally...

Hi my machine originally didn't spin fully, now won't drain or spin

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?

Kenmore 60 series heavy duty large capacity model 91566210 first time and nothing I find using that model is actually matching the washer its a top loading older modeel sorry i have gloves on- forgive my typos, i'll just keep going unless something is really off

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I have disconnedcted the water and drain hose have it away from the wall unplugged, I have fixed a few things on it before but not this- I expect I need to get this back panel off to inspect belt but havent made it that far

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/22/2018
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 4 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.
Also the website will send you a phone call offer that is not from me!

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

A full Sears Kenmore model number is ***** digits long and will look like this 123 .(###) ###-####/p>

110.91566210

I`m suspecting the full model number is ***** and if that is the case the back panel does not come off .the cabinet need to be removed from the washer .

1st time I am using this just paid $28 is the call an aditional- I am trying to repair and type
ok how do I remove that

yes the premium service phone call is an additional $24.00

ok lets keep going

let me get you a video of removing the cabinet .

I also suspect your issue is the drain pump

ok...

here is a video on removing the cabinet and the drain pump .

once you have the cabinet off , remove the drain lines from the drain pump amd look to see if you have something jammed in the pump .

And if the unit has a draining issue it will not fully spin the water out either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwV71h86Gxw&t=38s

okay working on this...

no problem just reply back to me if you have any questions .

is there a time for this consult that I need to stay within
is there a way I can inspect the current pump before replacing it

no length of time .

And yes you can remove the pump from the washer , and disconnect the hoses and then your able to look inside the pump ports at the impeller .

I am helping you along with other customers so there may be a delay in responses to do not panic just wait for my reply thank you.

impeller
? how do I see that
does it come apart
nvm

to see the black rubber impeller look thru the hose ports on the pump assembly.

No the impeller does not comes out , the pump is heat sealed together .

the rubber impellor has small fins on it if any of them are missing or damaged the drain pump will need to be replaced .

If it does let me know I can give you a link for the part also.