Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

How to replace Kenmore refrigerator door pin-plates,

How to replace Kenmore...

How to replace Kenmore refrigerator door pin-plates

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Purchased in 1999, model #59069990

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes. I already found the 1/4 in screws to remove the door panel from the door.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I have parts # W10851606 on hand. Just wondering after I remove the panel, there are still original good pin-plates on the panel. Do I have to cut off the oriiginals to make the "3 Pin-plates piece fir?

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/22/2018
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.
Also the website will send you a phone call offer that is not from me!

Give me a few minutes to pull up information on this model.
I am helping you along with other customers so there may be a delay in responses to do not panic just wait for my reply thank you.

the best way is to remove the door from the unit ,and lay it in a flat surface and under the lip of the rubber door gasket you have a lot of 1/4 inch hex head screws remove all those screws and the metal pieces ,and then you can lift the inner liner off the door assembly then you can get to the inner back side of this bin pins .

Will I have to break or cut off any of the adjacent pins that have broken off?

This image may help you better understand .

The screws are item # 16 and the metal pieces are item numbers 27 and 28 and the inner liner is 14 the door gasket is item 8

If you have any questions just reply back to me.

image

https://c.searspartsdirect.com/lis_png/PLDM/P0050278-00007.png

Thank you. The job is done.

Fun wasn't it !!

Glad you got it .

Always glad to assist you anytime.

Thank you in advance.
If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time. I do not get compensated until you rate me.

Good help, 5 star help.

Thank you you should see a rating box just click on the box and it will open a new window so that you can than rate me .

Thank you again !

please remember to rate me .

Master Tech
Good help, gave me good instruction, 5 star.