Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Ice maker makes ice but won't drop down when button is

Customer Question
ice maker makes ice...

ice maker makes ice but won't drop down when button is pushed.. Chute is not clogged

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?

It is a side by side model GSH25JSDD Has not done the before

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I might attempt it if I feel it is within my technical sill level

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I don,t think so

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/22/2018
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 4 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.
Also the website will send you a phone call offer that is not from me!

do you mean that the ice dispenser will not dispense ice or that the ice maker is not dropping cubes into the ice storage container?

the ice dispenser will not drop ice down the chute when the button is pressed.

ok so when you can for cubes or crushed do you hear any noise at all as if the dispenser auger motor is even trying to run ?

when the button is pushed I hear a noise & then a hum.

ok if you open the freezer door reach in and can you move the ice cubes around in the ice storage container or are they frozen together?

If there frozen together let`s break them up and then try to run the ice dispenser

I tried that. I also emptied the storage bin, let it refill with fresh ice but it still does, it work.

ok good info!

So that tells me the auger motor is jammed and will need to be replaced .

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!
------> CLICK HERE<----- for the part you will need to replace.

the auger motor is item #369 in the left side of this parts break down .

https://www.partadvantage.com/diagram/4/00143000/00143051.i05/680/900

Thank you if you have any questions just reply back to me .