Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Whirl pool RBD275PDS is locked I followed directions the…

Customer Question
My Whirl pool RBD275PDS...

My Whirl pool RBD275PDS is locked I followed directions the locked code goes out for a second then comes back on tried several times

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

About 3 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible yes

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/22/2018
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 3 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

What locked code are you talking about exactly? And what instructions?

shows Loc on display with a little lock next to it .on another site says to push the botton with a lock on it and hold it till the Loc goes off and normal diplay resumes
still there

still here

OK understood, the unit is going into control lock mode. You should just need to press and hold the start button for 5 seconds to remove the lock. If that isn't working and the lock keeps re-engaging, flip the breaker off to the oven for 5 minutes and try again. If it still acts up, the display board is failing. The display board is no longer made so if you wanted to fix the oven you'd have to remove the display board and send it into a place like Core Centric Solutions and have the board refurbished for about $200 or so.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.