Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Gaggenau dishwasher is stuck in the middle of a cycle.

Customer Question
My Gaggenau dishwasher is...

My Gaggenau dishwasher is stuck in the middle of a cycle. The LED shows the countdown time as 43 minutes, and it has been that way for the last half hour. There is no water inside the dishwasher. I've tried switching it on and off at both the inside switch and also the breaker in the fuse box. I think there is a reset function to use by pressing two buttons together at the same time, but I'm not sure which ones.

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?

I'm not sure of the model number as the tag on the inside is very worn and the numbers have worn off. I have not run a diagnostic test cycle as I'm not sure how to do that.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If it's very simple and I'm able. Otherwise, I'll have a technician come in and fix it. I thought there might be a simple solution with a reset.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I don't think so.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/22/2018
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 3 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Turn the breaker off for at least 1 full hour to reset the electronics. If you post the model number I can get you the forced reset, too.

I turned off the breaker for you hand dishwasher for an hour and it did nothing. Here is a picture of the tag on the side of the dishwasher door. I cannot tell what model it is. I can tell you that when I press the delicate and intensive buttons together it does not reset.

There are two pages attached. One shows the button designations and the other shows how to start the service cycle to clear the control and run the cycle.