Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have the Whirlpool Cabrio and washer and the water keeps…

I have the Whirlpool...

I have the Whirlpool Cabrio and washer and the water keeps running inside of it even while it's spinning out

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

6 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, if not I'm willing to have a technician come in but the price has to be reasonable

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I did change the washers and the hose because I thought it was that but same thing

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/22/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Are you saying the washer never stops filling with water? How do you get it to stop?

I shut the water ofg
Off

OK. Do you happen to have a full model number located on a sticker below the lid tucked down underneath (not on the lid itself) by the hinges? It’s really difficult to see because they try to hide it.

WTW5500XW2
ARE you there

Thank you. If the water keeps running and won't shut off unless you turn the water off behind the washer, it means that you have a solenoid valve on the washer that is stuck open. The valve will need to be replaced to resolve this issue. This is the part on the back of your washer which the water supply hoses are connected to. Below is a link to the part you'll need to order for your model.

CLICK HERE for valve assembly

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

You mean the black hose? Or the red and the blue?

The black hoses that come from your house and connect to the back of your washer. They screw onto the electronic water valve on your washer. The electronic water valve assembly is what you need to replace. There is a picture of the part you need to replace in the link I gave you before.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
I am tryonf to figure out why the water is still pouring into my washer.

Sorry you opted me out so I couldn't respond. I'm not sure what you're looking for at this point. I have been fairly clear as to what your problem is. Here is what I wrote again.

If the water keeps running and won't shut off unless you turn the water off behind the washer, it means that you have a solenoid valve on the washer that is stuck open. The valve will need to be replaced to resolve this issue. This is the part on the back of your washer which the water supply hoses are connected to. Below is a link to the part you'll need to order for your model.

CLICK HERE for valve assembly

I dont understand what part you are speaking of. There is nothing back on my machine that look anything like the part you are suggesting

You can only see the receptacles that the hoses connect to. The part itself is above the tub mounted to the back of the washer. Below is a video that should help show you how to access the part.

CLICK HERE for video