Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a dryer that runs correctly and heats up but after…

I have a dryer...

I have a dryer that runs correctly and heats up but after short period quits heating. Now it quit heating completely.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your dryer? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Its Maytag centennial abut 5 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Not sure

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/22/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Do you have a model number located on a sticker just inside the door way so I can better assist you?

mgdc200xw1
When should I have an answer

Just pulling up documentation still and typing your answer.

So this is a gas dryer and the fact that it was working poorly at first and then altogether quit indicates to me that either your vent got clogged and the fuse blew, or your gas coils are getting weak and need to be replaced. Below is a video on how to test your fuse so you can determine if it's good or bad still.

CLICK HERE for fuse video

If the fuse is bad, replace it and clean the vent through your house. If the fuse checks good, replace the gas coils so below is a link to the part you'd need to order as well as a video at the bottom of the link that shows you how to replace it.

CLICK HERE for gas coils and video

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

thank you.

Not a problem at all. Let me know if you need anything else.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc