Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Whirlpool French Door Refrigerator with icemaker…

I have a Whirlpool...

I have a Whirlpool French Door Refrigerator with icemaker Model #WRF736SDAM 11. Ice maker quit working. Have water to dispenser as we can get water but no ice. the module the water comes into at the bottom of the fridge has power. temperature is set correctly and there is nothing frozen in ice chute. where do we find the module to do the tests to see what is wrong. not sure where it is located on fridge.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Bought it in November of 2014

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

At home depot

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I don't know exact model. all i have is the model # and serial # I got off the inside of the fridge

3/22/2018
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.
Also the website will send you a phone call offer that is not from me!

Now is the icemaker not making ice or not dispensing ice ?

not making ice

ok and the module as you call it do you mean the water inlet valve assembly?

i forgot what you called it. so everything is a module. lol

ok that is the main primary water inlet valve assembly .

Have you taken the ceiling apart and looked at the icemaker itself to see if in fact it has any ice or water in the ice maker cube cavities yet?

I ask because you still has another valve for the icemaker and chilled water located in the fresh food section ceiling along with the ice maker.

cannot tell how to get into the ceiling - do not see anyway to do that. kinda hoping there was a diagram somewhere we could look at.

give me a few minutes to send you some screen shots for the service manual.

ok
excellent. thanks! we will look at this over the weekend.

ok no problem!

Always glad to assist you anytime.

Thank you in advance.
If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time. I do not get compensated until you rate me.

Master Tech
will do

anytime !

Thank you!