Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a 15 year old Maytag Performa Washer. I am having a…

Customer Question
I have a 15...

I have a 15 year old Maytag Performa Washer. I am having a problem with clothes wrapping around the agitator. This is a new issue. Is there a belt or something that needs to be replaced. The agitator and the tub are moving in the same direction.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It is a 2003 Maytag Performa Washer

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I hope to.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I seems that the agitator should move in the opposite directions. Everything in the washer is going around making sort of a whirlpool.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/22/2018
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 3 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.
Also the website will send you a phone call offer that is not from me!

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

the model /serial number tag should be on the rear of the control panel on this old of a Maytag washer.

I can't find the model # on the machine. I have an invoice with PAV2300AWW. Serial #209461???

Thank you!
Give me a few minutes to pull up information on this model.
I am helping you along with other customers so there may be a delay in responses to do not panic just wait for my reply thank you.

Ok the issue that you are having is NOT a belt issue .

you have a transmission issue if the agitator and inner baskets are both spinning and the clothing is being all twisted up .

A new transmission is over $300.00 not sure if you want to out that kind of monet in to a 15 year old unit ,

But if you would like the part information I can provide it to you , just let me know .

Thank you very much for your help. We will have to get a new machine in the near future.

No problem !

Always glad to assist you anytime.

Thank you in advance.
If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time. I do not get compensated until you rate me.

I see you have NOT replied back to me .
Do you still need assistance on your question?
If not I see you have not rated me as of yet!