Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Kenmore dishwasher 665 13793k600. trying to

Customer Question
Hi, I have a...

Hi, I have a Kenmore dishwasher 665 13793k600. trying to diagnose. Everything I read says that when i run the fast wash cycle it should fill, run for 10 minutes then drain. Mine fills then i can hear it wash for a few seconds then stops. after a few minutes it begins washing then stops after a few seconds. it repeat a few times then is slent for the rest of the cycle. At the end, the cycle complete light is lit but the water hasn't drained. can you tell me what is wrong?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

As mentioned above, it's a Kenmore Elite 665 13793k600. It was in the house when I bought it in 2010.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, I am capable. just need to diagnose.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I just need to know what is faulty. can't figure it out. when I run the test cycle everything seems to work and it gives no flashing error code. can you help?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/22/2018
Appliance Technician: Gina-Moderator, Moderator replied 4 months ago
Gina-Moderator
Gina-Moderator, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Gina, the moderator for this category. I'm so sorry that an Expert has not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you,
Gina~Moderator
Hi Gina, yes. I'm still interested in help diagnosing my problem.Scott
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 4 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

The issue you are having is likely related to the turbidity sensor if the test cycle completes. I would replace the sensor, then you have to enter the diagnostic cycle to calibrate it.

The link below is to the part you will need!

CLICK HERE

The video at the link below shows how it is replaced!

CLICK HERE

Hi, thank you for your answer, can you explain to me how the turbidity sensor would make the pump motor turn off and on then not run for most puff the cycle? I'm having a hard tome understanding how that sensor is a likely cause.
Thank you, Scott
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 3 months ago

The turbidity sensor is the only part that can modify the cycle functions. If the diagnostic cycle completed okay, it is not likely a control malfunction but the input from the optical sensor.

Hi Kelly, it appears now that the pump only runs for a few seconds during the diagnostic cycle and then the water doesn't drain. Should the machine display some kind of error code identifying these issues? How do I know if it completed the diagnostic cycle "successfully"?

I will see if another can help.