Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I removed my oven door correctly this morning to clean it…

Hi I removed...

Hi I removed my oven door correctly this morning to clean it when i put it back in one of the locking mechanism s did not go back so I took the door off again . The mechanism appeared to be too far back in the door I gently moved it forward with a pair of pliers , it shut whilst off the oven . i contacted bosch they tell me i need a technician because I can chop my finger off fixing it !!!! julie

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

3 to 4 years max and what numbers do you want off the door for the model please

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I would like to I was quoted over $250 and I use my oven daily

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No , I don't think so

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/22/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

If the hinge isn't locked out properly, you'll need to set the door on a soft towel face down. Put a block of wood in the palm of your hand and push down on the door hinge to force the hinge open all the way. When the hinge is open, use needle nose pliers or a flat head screwdriver to pry the locking tab into the locking position. Once both hinges are locked open, the door can then be put back onto the oven.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
10 star rating thank you I've done it
thank you thank you