Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a KitchenAid dishwasher and yesterday I went to run…

Customer Question
Good evening. I have...

Good evening. I have a KitchenAid dishwasher and yesterday I went to run the dishwasher and none of the buttons/lights work. I checked the breaker and it is okay. What else could it be?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I just had it installed in May 2017 and the model is KDTE204ESS3

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes. If I can. I'm hoping it is simple.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/22/2018
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 3 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

The unit is less than a year old, so I would probably call warranty at 1.***-***-**** and they'll send a technician out to repair at no cost. If you wanted to try to determine what is wrong yourself, you'd need to remove the kick panel below the door along the bottom of the dishwasher. Check the junction box and make sure none of the wires where the power cord connects to the dishwasher isn't shorted out. Sometimes if a connection is loose from installation, it'll burn and short out. Other than that, if the dishwasher is getting power and the junction box isn't shorted, you either have a shorted control board or control panel so you would definitely want to call warranty for that issue.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.