Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I am getting an HE error on my DV9 series dryer. Is there…

Hi, I am getting...

Hi, I am getting an HE error on my DV9 series dryer. Is there any sort of reset I can try?

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your dryer? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

It's a Samsung DV 9 Series, 9.0 kg. I purchased it on September 21, 2015, which makes it about 2.5 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If it's something straight ahead, like resetting a circuit breaker. I'm not a technician

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No, don't think so.

Answered in 1 hour by:
3/22/2018
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this issue. The error you are getting is for the thermistor/ thermal fuse has more then likely went bad. Do you happen to have a multimeter we can test this part with? Also what is the model number of your dryer? It should be located on the inside of the dryer door area.

Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman
Hi Travis,
The model number is ***** I bought it in Iceland, where I live, and it runs on 240 volts. I am going to go buy a multimeter. Should I perhaps buy a thermal fuse while I am at the electronics store, if they have that sort of thing there? (If they're very expensive I should wait until we test the one in there now.)
Hi Travis,
This website is confusing me. It said 'rating is required', but when I rated you, it looked like it was closing the question, which, obviously, hasn't been resolved. I hope you get this soon.
I bought a multimeter.

sorry for the delay I am here the question is not closed at all. Sorry it was showing that. Looking up your parts list now.

so your thermal fuse or thermistor should be located near the heater in the back. Its round and should have two prongs coming out of it you will need to test it for continuity.