Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a new high efficiency glass top Maytag washer and…

I have a new...

I have a new high efficiency glass top Maytag washer and ever since after I washed my bed spread once, every time I use it now it’s leaving all my clothes very wet. It says it’s done but the clothes are too wet to put in dryer so I have to reset it and run it through spin cycle and then it works fine and leaves clothes the way they should feel and be afterwards

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Got it from Lowe’s maybe a year ago

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If it’s a simple enough fix

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

And I believe it’s the 11 cycle high efficiency glass top from Maytag

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/22/2018
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Ok

I suspect the pump is partially restricted with bed spread "leftovers" and it is not pumping out as it should.

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information? The model tag is around the opening where the clothes are loaded.

I’m not where I can give you that

No worries! Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

On these machines, you will need to pull the machine out to access the back of the machine. The drain hose may be followed to the drain pump outlet. There is a rubber flapper at that outlet that commonly gets plugged. If you remove the hoses from the pump, you will be able to clear any foreign objects from the pump. It is easiest to either lay the machine down on its front or lean it forward and lean it against a wall to access the pump. Once it is cleaned out it should perform as new again. Let me know if you have any questions once you begin!

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!

Ok and how long would you approximately say this will take to do what you recommended?

It only takes a few minutes, most of the time is spent removing all the screws from the rear panel! :~)

Ok. Yeah that was my next question if I have to remove back panel

Yes, you take that rear panel off then follow the drain hose to the pump. Sorry, I left that part out!

Thank you for your help. If I have any other questions as I’m working on it I will ask

You bet, thank you!

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today?

Model number is *****
On the back of the washer without taking the back off is a piece that the drain tube fits over with a squeeze together fitting so I did take it off and nothing was blocking it. Do I still need to take the panel off and do what you said earlier?

Yes, you have to take the back off and access the pump under the tub.

It is number 1 in the diagram at the link below. Take the hoses off the pump....

CLICK HERE

Everything looked good and cleaned

Hmm, that is odd. If you watch the water as it drains out during a cycle, does the flow seem very good?

I really appreciate everything you helped me with so this morning we ran a load and everything was fine so again thank you for all your help.

That is great news! There must have been something just out of place enough that it corrected itself when you took it apart. In any case, I am glad it is working now! if it hangs up again, please let me know!

Kelly, Appliance Technician