Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My viking stove igniter keeps clicking when I turn on 1

Customer Question
My viking stove igniter...

My viking stove igniter keeps clicking when I turn on 1 burner

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Viking is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Vikiing 48 inch stove with 6 burners and griddle. It's about 12 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Probably

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The problem is when I turn on 1 burner, but it's a different burner that keeps clicking, not the same one.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/21/2018
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 5 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Use sand paper to clean the igniter tips and the area of the burner they spark to and I suspect it will solve the issue you are having. By sanding them, you make a very clean path to ground, which is very important for the ignition system to work properly.

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!