Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a spacemaker xl1800 which during the day I have a…

Customer Question
I have a spacemaker...

I have a spacemaker xl1800 which during the day I have a hard time reading the digital read out. Is there anyway I can increase the brightness

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

For about six months or so.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Well I do have some background knowledge in electronics and was mostly just wonder if it was poss to turn up the read out. In the evening or at night even with the kitchen light on I can read the read out ok but during the day time it is very hard to make out.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I can't seem to find a manual on this product and the microwave was in the house two years ago when I bought it and none was left for me.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the microwave's make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Spacemaker xl1800

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/21/2018
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 3 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Unfortunately there is no way to increase the brightness of the display on this model. If the display is going dim, it means your capacitors on the display board are going out of range and the display board will need to be replaced to make it bright away. That is typically about $200 for the part so it's probably not worth fixing but that is up to you.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.