Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My fisher and paykel aquasmart washing machine keeps

My fisher and paykel...

My fisher and paykel aquasmart washing machine keeps stopping because loads always says out of balance

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

At least 6 to 12 months

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Will it be possible

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Can you give me any ideas on how to solve problem

3/21/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Depending on your series, there is either a dip stick out of balance switch under the top panel of your washer in the back right corner which needs to be replaced, or if you have a newer version, the RPS sensor which monitors the motor strain needs to be replaced. The out of balance switch isn't used on the newest units but being as yours is 2 years old it could either have or not have the out of balance switch. If you open the lid and remove the 2 plastic caps on the right and left side, you will need to remove the screws below the caps holding the top panel to the main cabinet. If you lift then entire top panel up in the back right corner there may be a plastic dip stick looking out of balance device. If you have this part, you need to replace it, it's about 3" long and plastic. If you don't, then you need to replace your RPS sensor which is a device clipped onto the top of the stator motor below the tub.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc