Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

ZISS42ODJSS 42" SideBY SIDE counter depth 10 1/2 years food…

Customer Question
ZISS42ODJSS 42"...

ZISS42ODJSS 42" SideBY SIDE counter depth 10 1/2 years food freezing in refrigerator down to 24 degrees

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

GE MONOGRAM

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I have a local tech available

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

What is your diaognosis sensor , damper door.circuit board ??

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/22/2018
Appliance Technician: Michelle-mod, Moderator replied 3 months ago
Michelle-mod
Michelle-mod, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Michelle, the moderator for this category. I'm so sorry that an Expert has not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you!
Michelle~Moderator
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 3 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.
Also the website will send you a phone call offer that is not from me!

From what your saying the local tech will need to test the fresh food temperature sensor /thermistor to see if it is out of spec , if it is not out then look at the damper it could be stuck .

if the thermistor is with in spec and the damper door is not frozen open then it is a electronic control board issue.

If the thermistor is out of spec it will need to be removed and replaced .

And if the damper door is frozen it will need to be defrosted .