Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a GE PSIC5RGXCFBV Refrig that won't cool. Replaced…

I have a GE...

I have a GE PSIC5RGXCFBV Refrig that won't cool. Replaced both the mainboard and the inverter. The compressor runs but doesn't cool. All four thermistats check out fine.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

9 years old PSIC5RGXCFBV

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I think we had a power surge....has happened before and everything worked after replaced the mainboard and inverter, but not this time

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/21/2018
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Are you absolutely certain the compressor is running, even though it is not cooling at all?

I can feel it kick on and and hear it by doing the screwdriver direct contact and ear thing.

Okay, so if it is running and not cooling at all, the issue is with the sealed refrigeration system, not an electrical issue. That is not good...

Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

There are a couple common things that will cause no cooling in a running refrigeration system. The most common is a leak that has allowed the refrigerant to escape, followed by a faulty compressor. The only way to determine what has failed will be to solder on valves and test the pressures in the system. This is a repair that will require professional service, unfortunately. It takes very specialized equipment and training, especially on that model as it used dual evaporators and refrigerant flow valves. This type of repair can be expected to run about $400-500 + parts to have it professionally completed. At 9 years old, it may be a better idea to look at replacing the refrigerator. Expected life is about 11 years, so it is not far from that. If you would like to pursue repair, you may schedule a GE servicer at 1-800-GE-CARES.

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!

It's a panel ready side by side so my cost to replace gets pricey so I need to weigh all the options.
Here are some followup readings
amps being drawn at the power cord splitting: .07 amps compressor running / .02 amps comppressor off
ohms at the three prongs on the compresser: 6.6 / 6.6 / 6.8
Does this change your recommendation?
No, it sounds like it has a leak. If you prefer to repair, you will need to call for service. This is not a repair you will be able to complete.
Kelly, Appliance Technician
Thanks

You are very welcome. I apologize that I did not provide you with the 5 star service you deserve.