Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My washer model #wfw9050xw03 is not draining and spinning…

Customer Question
My washer model #wfw9050xw03...

My washer model #wfw9050xw03 is not draining and spinning properly

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Mod WFW905050XW3 WHIRLPOOL TYPE:832-A

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

HOPE TO!

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Right now it has a gallon or more of water in ti!

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/21/2018
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 4 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

The washer won't even attempt to spin if it doesn't drain properly. So the only real issue is that it's not draining. There is a drain catch inside the washer that you will want to access and clean if you're getting this drain error. To access the drain catch, tip the machine backwards and lean it against the wall at a 45 degree angle or so. Remove the 3 screws along the bottom of the lower front panel. The lower front panel will then pull down and off. There is a 3" diameter plastic twist cap directly under the tub mounted to the floor. This is your drain cap. Unscrew the cap and clear any debris inside the drain catch. If you find nothing and the drain hose is clear, replace your drain pump.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.