Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

All the igniters click and stay on when you have a burner…

All the igniters click...

All the igniters click and stay on when you have a burner on.

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

6 wks stove had been stored a year. Cleaned igniters with achohol

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Possibly if not too complicated

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that I know of. We also need to order a exhaust filter. It has gotten lost in the storage time

3/21/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

When the ignition continues to click, it means that the unit doesn't think that the flame is lit. Make sure the spark tip is being touched by the flame to send the signal back to the spark module to tell it to stop sparking. If the flame is touching the spark tip, then sand the spark tip so that it shines so the flame makes a better contact with the spark switch. If nothing works and it continues to spark, you need to have the spark module replaced because it's not sensing the flame.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you but ,why does all burners spark when 1 burner is going?

They all share the same spark module. That is actually how it always works, you just don't notice it until it continues to spark when it's not supposed to.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
If not fixed will it burn up igniters?

It won't, but it's annoying to say the least.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Trying your suggestion. 1 worked 1 did not.

I'm not quite sure what that means? There were several things to check. Is the flame actually touching the sensor? If so and the tip is clean, then your module needs to be replaced.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The module on the igniter or one on the knob

neither. There is a separate plastic box under the cooktop or on the back (if this is a range)

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It is a range where is it located?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Not quite understanding. This was given to us by daughter. No phamplets or anything.

You would pull the range out and remove the screws going into the sheet metal panel on the back of your oven and control panel. There will be a rectangular plastic box with all the wires from the burner switches and wires from all the burner spark tips plugged into it. That is the spark module you need to replace.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I can push the flame down with a knife and the igniters quits making the noise.

OK so the flame is not touching the spark tip then. Try to seat the burner cap better or try to clean the base with a toothbrush. It's not an issue with the module so if you can't get the flame to sit properly, you may need to replace the burner base and cap. I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Tyler we understand mostly. We are trying to fix with your help. We will have more questions I am sure

Understood.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Tyler most of them are doing ok now. Will continue to clean. When you turn 1 on and it’s clicking,can put a pan on it and it stops clicking. Will probably have more questions later. You have been very helpful.Thanks

Sure thing.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Still clicking,suppose will need sandpaper to clean more or replace base and caps. If you scrub with toothbrush,use anything on it? Yes we gave you a high rating.

I would just use sandpaper on the tip. No need to put anything on the toothbrush, just scrub the base and cap with the toothbrush and soapy water. Let it dry before you use the cooktop again.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc