Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have Amana sdz27 kpl side by side- that iis model number…

I have Amana sdz27...

I have Amana sdz27 kpl side by side- that iis model number off plate in refrigerator top- i need to get housing off that contains water line so i can replace it- probably a trick to sliding it off- it is a single unit with plastic frame around it

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Amana is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Over 10 years old maybe 15

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Is there a comparable whirlpool side by side since the water tubing is awhirlpool part

3/21/2018
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.
Also the website will send you a phone call offer that is not from me!

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

The number of sdz27 kpl is not a good model number .

and what housing are you talking about ? your questions is very vague!

I am helping you along with other customers so there may be a delay in responses to do not panic just wait for my reply thank you.

that is model number from inside fridge- i have manf number asnd ser no also- ice and water dispensing unit is on left side- the housing is a pull out unit after frsame and screws are taken out- howdoes housing unit come out to access water line which needs replacing

ok so are you talking about the ice and water dispenser ?

And the manufacture is not recognizing the number of SDZ27KPL can you look at it once again .

I have even gone to a parts supplier that their system will take only part of a model number and biring up similar numbers and it is not coming up with a good model number either .

Master Tech
Phone call session started