Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

The water is not draining and the dishwasher leaked water. I…

Customer Question
The water is not...

The water is not draining and the dishwasher leaked water

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?

I don't know the model I am at work right now. The dishwasher is 5 years old about. I don't know how to do a diagnostic test.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

My husband probably will try

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/21/2018
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 1 month ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.
Also the website will send you a phone call offer that is not from me!

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am at work right now. Can I get back to you tonight when I get home. I don’t know the model of the Bosch dishwasher offhand . It must be about 5 years old.

ok If it is a bosch I will opt out anyway I do not work on bosch appliances .

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok so I how to I get my money back and cancel
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 1 month ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

I am happy to help you if you would still like help.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
it is a Bosch. It says(###) ###-####rev cl on a sticker on the door. Is that the number?

No, the model tag is on the right side of the inner door panel. The model will look like SHE3AR72UC/21.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
She68t52uc/02 fd940400146?

Perfect, thank you! How is the drain hose connected to your home's plumbing? Does it go through an air gap on the top of the counter?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am not sure. Can I continue this conversation later when my husband comes home?

Oh, of course! Post back anytime! :)

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
How could I tell if it goes thru the counter

See the link below. Do you have one of those by your faucet?

CLICK HERE

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
We have a water sprayer there

Okay, was a garbage disposal recently installed?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No

Okay, so the issue is most likely with the drain hose or a pump obstruction. This repair will likely require some moderate disassembly to access the pump and drain hose. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

The attached pages show how to remove the front panel, toe panel and left side panel to access the pump and drain hose. You will need to disconnect all tubing to assess the drain path.

f90955b9-b129-4cec-a89d-...jpgf90955b...jpg76a74284-32f8-4d43-ba7e-...jpg76a7428...jpg55096f00-f452-41d7-8d51-...jpg55096f0...jpg906365d6-fa72-4689-a29f-...jpg906365d...jpg73fc5364-470b-412b-a389-...jpg73fc536...jpg

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!

Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 30 days ago

Hello, I see this question is still open and I was just following up to see if you require further assistance.

Kelly, Appliance Technician