Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have error codes F05 and E03 displayed on my Whirlpool…

Customer Question
I have error codes...

I have error codes F05 and E03 displayed on my Whirlpool Duet Steam Front Loading Washer. I can’t find the manual at the moment and wanted to see what the issue was. I just loaded it full of clothes and went to start it, and the issue occurred.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I believe it is about 2-3 Years old. Sorry, can you tell me where to find the exact model number? I don’t see it on the front, unless it is Whirlpool Duet Steam

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I’d like to try if it is possible.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that I can think of

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/21/2018
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 4 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.
Also the website will send you a phone call offer that is not from me!

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

open the washer door the model /serial tag is on the inner face frame .

the door is locked shut, is there a way to open it?
I am actually headed out the door to go to work and was trying to see if I could figure out the problem quickly so if I need to stop at a store on the way home, I can. But unfortunately I don’t have time now to dig deeper and diagnose the issue. I was just hoping to get the error code meanings and then I can do the work later tonight.

pause the unit .

If it has stopped you may have to unplug the unit for 5 minutes before the door will unlock .

I am helping you along with other customers so there may be a delay in responses to do not panic just wait for my reply thank you.

it has been unplugged for about 30 min and the door is still locked.

I can tell you the Error code is a door lock latch issue. so you may have to just replace the door latch /lock switch .

Ok, plugged it back in and it is still locked. Is there a way to open the door manually?

you will need to remove the top of the washer (two screws from the rear) and push the panel to the rear 1/2 inch and lift it up and off the washer ,then reach down on the right hand side of the door and manually pull down on the manual door release lever .

Also, since I have to go to work in a few minutes, are you available later today to help once I can truly diagnose the issue?

yes just reply back when you can ,your replay will come back to me only .

Ok!! Thank you!!

No problem !