Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My dishwasher power button will turn on, but the select

Customer Question
My dishwasher power button...

My dishwasher power button will turn on, but the select button will not. I have reset the fuse but it still won't run.I read the manual and tried to find the child-lock setting, but I don't see where it is.

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?

One second, I have to I need a flashlight, I'll write back in a fewgo downstairs and check

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes GE GLDT696TSS-00

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I don't think so

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/21/2018
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 3 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Unfortunately the electronics for this unit have been completely re-designed. These interface boards tend to fail so below is a link to the kit you'll need to order which is about $110. It comes with the main board, the wiring harness and the interface board.

CLICK HERE for kit

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.