Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My kitchen aid convection oven started smoking from the

My kitchen aid convection...

My kitchen aid convection oven started smoking from the front right corner when the oven was used in non convection mode. The odor is of burning electrical components. I removed and carefully inspected the circuit board for burned components. Nothing was found except that the large transformer on the circuit board had a similar slight smell. It did not appear to be burned though. The oven model number is *****

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

The oven was purchased in 1997.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The oven functions fine otherwise

3/21/2018
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.
Also the website will send you a phone call offer that is not from me!

And you do not think this smoke was coming from the oven cavity , as if something had spilled on the oven floor and when the hidden Bake element came on it was burning that spillage off the oven floor?

No I am sure that the odor is coming from the top front right side. I checked all of the wiring also for burning but all looked ok

have you used the oven since this happened?

If not can you turn the oven on to a Bake setting and see if you get the smell once again ?

Can you please call me at(###) ###-####

you should see a premium service phone call prompt shortly just accept it and than I can call you!

I discovered the problem. One of the relays showed evidence of burning internally. I need to repair or replace circuit board.

would you like a part information for the control board ?

And which control board is it ?

Is it the main control /clock assembly?

CLICK HERE for that main control board

Always glad to assist you anytime.

Thank you in advance.
If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time. I do not get compensated until you rate me

It is the main control/clock circuit board assembly.

Ok I sent you a Click here link for the part @12;47

do you see it ?

Master Tech