Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We have a new 18" dishwasher, UDT518SAFP, We've used it 4…

Customer Question
We have a new...

We have a new 18" dishwasher, UDT518SAFP, We've used it 4 times - the 2nd time we used it it flooded the floor.The installer checked the connections, said they were fine. It was fine for 1 more wash, then flooded again. Both times it failed to empty properly.

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?

There's no model # in the door.the invoice has the# ***** already sent, alsoDWKITBOX. What's a diagnostic test cycle?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No. We have a good contractor, but do we need to have a certified whirlpool guy because f the guarantee?

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The flood was fairly small and happened early in the cycle, which then continued correctly.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/21/2018
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 4 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.
Also the website will send you a phone call offer that is not from me!

The model number is *****

And if the unit is less than 1 year old yes the service company has to be a authorized Whirlpool servicer .

I suspect if the unit is over filling that you either have a faulty water level pressure switch or the air hose to the pressure switch may be kinked or pinched .

Do you need Whirlpools contact information ?

I need the number of a local whirlpool plumber - we're at***** Brooklyn NY11215

Ok Whirlpool Corp. Does not have plumbers .

And you need an appliance servicer not a plumber.

To find a local authorized servicer for Whirlpool you will need to contact Whirlpool directly .

@ 1-***-***-****

Ok. Thank you

Always glad to assist you anytime.

Thank you in advance.
If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time. I do not get compensated until you rate me.