Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Tyler D, I have a whirlpool Gas stove Mod # WFG715H0ES0

Hi Tyler D, I have...
Hi Tyler D, I have a whirlpool Gas stove Mod # WFG715H0ES0 which has all the top burners lighting but they are only lighting slightly and it looks like there is not a lot of gas pressure going to the burners. They also seem to be lighting slowly and not right away . Sort of like the gas is not getting to the top burners fast enough you know but they will light. It really looking like this may be a regulator issue. This ovens gas valve regulator also has two solenoids on it which when one malfunctions they will both shut off. with that said, If that was the case and one of the solenoids had failed and they both would shut off, why would the regulator be even letting any gas at all get past it for the top burners to be getting the little gas that it does get ??? I was wondering if you had any thoughts on this and if maybe these gas regulators for this model had potential issues with these symptoms.
3/21/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

The valve with 2 solenoids only affects bake and broil if one of the solenoids fails. The cooktop is something completely different. The regulator is the only thing that would stop stop gas from going up to the burners if you turn the burner knob on right away and little to no gas is flowing so if that is the case, replace the regulator (which comes with that valve).

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
ok Tyler the regulator I have is W10919226 I am assuming that will be it

Yes, that regulator is for both the oven and cooktop.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Ok Thanks Buddy . You have a good day and talk soon I'm sure man.
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Hi Tyler D, so I replaced the regulator and the gas is bled through all burners fine. The top burners are doing the same thing again. Right away you have the pressure there for each top burner when they are turned on separately but when you turn the other top burners on the pressure gets reduced slowly at every burner as you turn the other top burners on . Also when I turned the bake burner on for the oven to pre heat . The bake burner will light strong but when you turn on the burners for the top after the oven bake burner is ignited , the bake burner pressure is reduced and the ovens bake burner will end up shutting off or the flame is so low that it will not reach temperature. They had a furnace replaced 7 weeks ago and they put a 38,000 BTU gas boiler in replacing a 40,000 btu boiler so I'm not sure how much the new boiler plays into this scenario. with the BTU's being less with the new boiler ? I am waiting to hear if the new boiler and the oven issues had happened at the same time from the customer when his wife calls him back. from the symptoms and the fact the regulator has been changed and the pressure is still low, I'm thinking the oven may be fine and its most likely the gas pressure before the oven ?? any thoughts

You're not getting enough gas pressure from your house then. The only thing that can cause that issue is not enough gas from the house or a bad regulator and the regulator was just replaced.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
ok Thanks Tyler. Is what it is. I charged him for a new regulator and told him to have the incoming house gas pressure checked. Thanks for the help and getting back Tyler . Talk soon buddy.

No problem. He either has bad pressure, the valve is partially closed on his house, or possibly the gas line run to the unit wasn't a large enough diameter.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc