Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Just bought MAYTAG washer model: MVWC565FW1/Ser: C74643427…

Just bought MAYTAG washer...

Just bought MAYTAG washer model: MVWC565FW1/Ser: C74643427 and does nothing after sensing then to wash where its been dor a couple of hours. If I cancel it it just empty the whole machine and if start starts all over but never move to wash the clothes. Any idea will be appreciated. H.A. Ortiz

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I just bought it from Lowes today and the model number is ***** Dont know if theres any other model number that I can see

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I don’t know much about washers but if something simple I can do. But I have no idea what’s wrong with it.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Well, normally this is a plug and play process. The washer keep doing the noise/beeps between cycle that this machines does but nothing. Light on from sensing-washing, keep filling up the machine but no activity or rinse motion at all

3/21/2018
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. Have you tried unplugging your appliance for 5 minutes to do a hard reset yet? If unplugging is not easy to do turning off the breaker for 5 minutes does the same thing.

I did it for 30 seconds. Will try dor 5 min

let me know what happens after 5 minutes.

I did plug it back on and washer resumed what it was doing, making the hum-hum-hum noise already w the wash light on but nothing else...

ok do you happen to have a multimeter on hand?

Not here, but in my office at work. What would be the next step?

so the next step would be to put the unit into diagnostics and see what it tells us then we will go from there. The multimeter will come in handy if it tells us to check certain parts like a fuse or what not. The only thing that wont be able to be tested will be the control board if it failed which can not be tested. It will not enter into diagnostics if the control board is bad though. (most of the time anyway) Sometimes it will tell you the board is bad.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/sm-backend-production-attachments/09001a50805655e0/Tech%20Sheet%20-%20W10740624%20-%20Rev%20B.pdf​

Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman