Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My dishwasher lights go on after I hit start. I close the…

My dishwasher lights go...

My dishwasher lights go on after I hit start. I close the door and front “on” indicator light goes on, but dishwasher doesn’t start and then all lights turn off after a minute or two

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?

Kitchenaide KUDE7oFX776

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I don’t know how to run a diagnostic

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/21/2018
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. Have you tried unplugging your appliance for 5 minutes to do a hard reset yet? If unplugging is not easy to do turning off the breaker for 5 minutes does the same thing.

No I haven’t. I unplugged it now
Nope. Didn’t work. Still turning itself off

ok does there seem to be any stuck buttons? Do you have soft press buttons or hard buttons?

Soft and no stuck buttons be. Water is in the bottom of the dishwasher still

ok so lets try opening and closing the door 5 times. Do you have a lock button on this unit? Was anything pressed when this occurred?

Nothing was pressed that I know of. I don’t know how to lock it

no I am asking do you have a lock button? Like child lock or alarm lock or anything?

No lock button that I’m aware of
I need to go get my daughter. Will be away for about 20 minutes is that ok?

ok so its not a child lock issue. That is totally fine I will be here.

Ok thanks

y​our welcome. When you get back try opening and closing the door 5 times for me and we will go from there.

Hi there. I’m back what else can I try?

try opening and closing the door 5 times for me

Ok. I think I’ve done that 17 times already but I’ll do it five in a row :)
I did it. Nothing changed. But I’m noticibg my 1 hour wash light is not lit up 100 percent but it is on a little.
I can still select all the other options which light up like they should but that one light is dimly lit all the time

so from the sounds of what your describing your control board has went bad and is going to need to be replaced.

Bummer.

I am sure this is not the news you wanted but sadly this is what has occurred.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me. It has been a pleasure assisting you today.

Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman
Thank you