Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

The bottom inside part of of washer door has been

Customer Question
The bottom inside part...

The bottom inside part of of washer door has been rubbed/etched away until there is now a hole in the plastic inside of door.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

It is a Neptune Washer model # MAH5500BWW bought in 2004.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

OK

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

What would cause the plastic to wear away? there are black scuffs where it is etched.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Appliance
3/21/2018
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 1 month ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Open the door and lift up and down on the inner spin tub. Does it move up and down or is it solid?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It moves up and down
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
just chat on here
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The tub does move up and down, but it doesn't make any unusual noise when it spins or washes
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
are you there?

Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

The tub support has broken and the tub is not being kept in proper position and is dropping to rub the tub. This is a major repair and will require replacing the tub support and most likely the outer tub along with the front plastic tub cover. There is no way to know how extensive the damage is until it is disassembled, though. In the diagram at the link below, you should expect to have to replace numbers 3 & 17.

CLICK HERE

Also, number 1 at the link below.

CLICK HERE

Those parts will run about $1000.....I would replace the machine. If you would like parts links and repair information, please let me know.

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!

Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 25 days ago

Hello, I see this question is still open and I was just following up to see if you require further assistance.

Kelly, Appliance Technician