Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a whirlpool gold series dishwasher. It is now

Customer Question
I have a whirlpool...

I have a whirlpool gold series dishwasher. It is now draining properly. Where should i start to trouble shoot

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Its 1 year old model # WDF760SADW3 type 582-1

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not really just not draining. dirty water just sitting in the bottom of the machine

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/20/2018
Appliance Technician: Ray, Home Appliance Technician replied 1 month ago
Ray, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, I'm Ray and would be happy to help you. This this issue suddenly happen or was it give you issues before? Does the drain hose hook up to a garbage disposal under sink?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
this is the first time its given me trouble. The drain hose hooks up under the sink, but there is no garbage disposal. I checked the hose, it is clear. I checked the drain in the machine and it is clear too. Also the wash cycles seems to run extremely long, 3 hours plus
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
the normal cycle is 3 hours and 30 minutes seems strange and long to me

did it also just start running that long?

15

on diagram

Dishwasher drain pump

Parts #: W10348269

Substitution: WPW10348269

$ 41.48

on sears parts direct

they can last up to 4 hours if the pump isn't working correctly

when you take the kick plate off its right there in the front

https://youtu.be/ZrvqDiIZbbE

that is a video on youtube that shows you how to replace it.. It's not hard at all.. you will need to get the water out first

I would deeply appreciate it if you would rate me.. Let me know if and can help you anymore.. thanks

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
no it has been running that long since it was installed

it's normal for them to run that long. They are nothing like the good old ones

a quick was last about 1 hour

Ray, Home Appliance Technician