Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My ge washing machine stopped agitation and spinning...I can…

My ge washing machine...

My ge washing machine stopped agitation and spinning...I can see the front two dampening straps are broken. I did the blowing in the straw and cleaning it out. That's not the issue at all. Will this thing work if I replace those 4 straps?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

4 or 5 years... serial # is wjre5500goww

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes... I've already ordered the straps

3/20/2018
Ray, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, I'm Ray and would be happy to help you. When you take the front panel off and you set if the belt is broken or the motor is spinning? Is the lid lock and unlocking?

Belt is not broken

is the lid locking and unlocking?

Magnets work
When I install the new dampeners,could this be the problem

Could have pulled a wire connector loose. cant you hear the lid locking?

No... but I don't know that it ever did

yes, that model makes a loud clicking noise when it locks and unlocks.. Check at the connectors on the lock

Just started it... no locking noise. Motor is running like it wants to go, in spin cycle. Connections all look good.

That door lock it bad it will always lock within the first 10 seconds or so

Is that the 2 magnets one on the door one in the frame?
If so ... what are they called?

yes. the lock is right next to it

388

on diagram

Washer lid switch assembly

Parts #: WH12X10334

$ 15.95

In Stock

this is on sears parts direct

Hello, are you there?

Ray, Home Appliance Technician
Ya...just ordered the part. Hopefully this works

Ok. Thanks.. I'm pretty sure that's all it is. I'll be here if you ever need anything else.. good luck to you