Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My dryer is leaving black smudges on the clothes. I noticed…

Customer Question
My dryer is leaving...

My dryer is leaving black smudges on the clothes. I noticed that the felt gasket is all but gone on the front side of the drum, exposing the glue that held it on. Is this probably what's causing the smudges and if so, is it repairable?

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your dryer? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Whirlpool model

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Whirlpool GEW9200LW0

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Ser. MM5166683

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/20/2018
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 3 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.
Also the website will send you a phone call offer that is not from me!

Yes the felt seals can be replaced .

and if the drum is rubbing it can also cause black marks as the clothing items tumble over that area.

would you like a link to the part (front and rear drum felt seals)

please. Thx

ok the front and rear seal are the same part number so you would need to order 2 .

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!
------> CLICK HERE<----- for the part you will need to replace.

And the link also has a video showing how to replace the parts.

Thank you if you have any questions just reply back to me .

Always glad to assist you anytime.

Thank you in advance.
If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time. I do not get compensated until you rate