Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Regarding :Model #JES9750BAB JENN-AIR slide-in range, I have…

Hi. Regarding :Model #JES9750BAB...

Hi. Regarding :Model #JES9750BAB JENN-AIR slide-in range, I have a question about this part: Oven Control Board WP8507P233-60. I suspect I need to replace it, as the touchpad numbers 1 through 6 aren't causing any response. Can't set the clock, backing temp, timer...no "click sound when I push these numbers. The other numbers are functional. My concern is that, apparently, the control panel doesn't come with the actual touchpad, and I hate to spend 250 bucks if the problem is with the touchpad (which I don't see available for purchase anywhere). WOuld love your thoughts!!

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Model #JES9750BAB JENN-AIR slide-in range, probably 7 years old.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes. No problem there.

3/20/2018
Joel Swenson

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

It could be the main board but odds are that issue is going to be caused by the ribbon cable between the user interface and the main board, which means you will need to replace the keypad not the control. You can test it with an ohm meter to be certain, but I am pretty sure that is the issue considering all those keys are on on the same track on the cable, track 2. Refer to image below showing the track on the cable and if you want you can test that with an ohm meter to be certain, if the continuity test checks ok on the ribbon cable then the main board is bad. If it tests bad the keypad is bad, you can also try cleaning the ribbon cable connector with a pencil eraser before replacing the keypad.

click here for keypad track and testing info

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5th star to the right at the top, (bottom if using a mobile phone) of the screen, you will see 5 empty stars, click on the 5th star to the right to give me a high rating. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service. Rating the answer does not close the question out, you can still find it in your My Questions if you need to follow up and have a further conversation with me. I do not get compensated until you rate, so it will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Joel Swenson
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Awesome. I'm heading up to my studio for the continuity meter right now.

You are welcome, thank you for the rating. Also as far as the replacement goes for the keypad, it comes as an assembly with the entire panel so you just have to replace the entire thing:

Range Control Panel

Part #: 74011492 - click here for part info at sears

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hello again. Well, I can't see how to access the ribbon at the interface. Assuming the problem is with the ribbon (or that track of it, at least), do you know if it's possible to replace just the cable? It has a part number, but I don't see any way to remove and access the touchpad interface. If not, I'm guessing I would just replace the whole Range Control Panel?

No there is not way to just replace the cable since its hardwired to the keypad, you just have to buy and replace the entire panel that I linked you to.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Oh...I missed your comment on that at the end of our first chat. Sorry. Thanks for your help. I'm ordering the panel...not the board. You probably just saved my some good bucks...and time!

You are welcome, thank you for the rating and for using JA!

Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson