Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My frigidaire gallery dishwasher does not respi d when touch…

My frigidaire gallery dishwasher...

My frigidaire gallery dishwasher does not respi d when touch pad pressed.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Frigidaire is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I am trying to determine age. Model fgbd2438pf0a

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I was going to try.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Before it became unresponsive, I set for our normal wash cycle which is normal wash and air dry. I came back a little later and the machine had stopped and two lights were flashing. The air dry and hi temp wash lights

3/20/2018
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

The flashing lights mean that the control had a power failure. So, if it is dead now and unresponsive, look at the wiring connections under the tub in the RF corner. Are those connections tight and in good shape, no melting or discoloration?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I will check that as soon as I get home from work and get back to you.

Sure, thank you!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Good morning. Sorry I didn't get back to younuesterday. Had a minor family emergency that kept me from doing this check. I have inspected the wires you mentioned. They seem to be fine. No discoloration or any indication of burning at all.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Before turning power off at breaker, I put a.c. voltage detector against wires. Power is coming to machine. I then checked the wires from machine that go to the box where house power goes in. Should the black or white wire have current?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What is that box where the wires meet called.

The black wire is line voltage and the white is neutral. Green or bare copper is ground. The wiring box is called the Junction Box, see number 20 at the link below.

CLICK HERE

If the power is good to the machine and all wiring is intact up to the control, the control is faulty and will need to be replaced. It is shown as number 3 in the diagram at the link below and is mounted at the top of the door, in between the panels.

CLICK HERE

The link below is to the part you will need!

CLICK HERE

All connections simply unplug and plug in.

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks much. So I don't need to touch that junction box at all. Just kill circuit, remove front door and change the control. Will there likely be a You tube video on removing door and replacing control? I guess all frigidaire would be similar to remove?

To replace that control, you open the door and remove the two lower screws on each side and the front color panel will come off. The control is mounted at the top of the inner panel.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks again Kelly.

You are very welcome, thank you!

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today?

Kelly, Appliance Technician
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Hi Kelly. The part arrived and I replaced it. I am sad to say it has not responded.
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Can I take that junction box apart to check the wires?
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Is there a way to check the integrity of the new board? Apart from it starting!��
Did you verify power is to the board or at the wiring connections?
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I put the voltage detector on the house wire. I put the part in and put it back together before turning the power back on. Is there a way to check if power is getting to the board. When the power is on, there is power in the house wire. Should the black wire have power or does it get livened by the control?
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Can I check if there is power to the board before I put the whole door back together?

The black wire is the line wire, yes. You can measure the voltage right at the control but you will need a meter that actually shows the voltage, not just a detector that lights up.

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
I have a Klein multimeter but don't know how to use it. Can you direct me through checking the voltage at the board withbthe multimeter.(which setting to use where to place leads) Now back to the black wire that goes to the junction box in RF under machine. When the house power is live, should that black wire that goes from machine to that junction box have power even though the machine is not turned on.

Yes, that black wire should be energized all the time. What model is your meter?

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Will get back to you on meter model. I am at work. Okay so i did check the black wire with voltage detector with circuit on. That black wire is not energized.
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Can I remove a cover on that junction box or something to check connnections?

Oh, if you have no power at the junction box there is a problem with the power supply in your home.

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
The house service wire is energised. I am talking about the black wire coming from the junction box at the bottom of the dishwasher to the dishwasher itself. Does it rely on the control to energize it or should it be energised even with machine turned off.

The black wire in the junction box is the line voltage wire from your house wiring. It should be energized all the time.

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Good morning Kelly. I took the day off to finish this. So I started over this morning. I checked the house service an it was energized. That black line voltage wire was dead. Switched off breaker. Removed the junction box cover. Inspected the connections. They seemed fine. No discoloration or burn marks. Twisted the marettes to be sure.. Switched breaker back on. Now the black line voltage wire is energized. Looked at panel and two light were flashing. The air dry and hi temp wash lights. They stopped flashing. I pushed the cycle we usually use normal wash and air dry. The lights lit. Can I try running it with the outer door panel off or must I replace it first?
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I decided to just go ahead and put the front panel back on. I am running a cycle now. So far so good. If it completes the entire cycle, I will advise so you can close the books on this one.
Sounds like the connection at the junction box had issues. I suspect it will be fine now, good job!
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Thanks for your patience and your help.
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
the cycle completed correctly. Thanks again. Peace!

That is great news! Thank you for taking the time to post back, I appreciate that.

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
No problem.. I added a tip at the end, so please ensure they give it to you! I will recommend just answer anytime.

Thank you so much!

Kelly, Appliance Technician