Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Have a dishwasher that won't start the cycle. Not sure

Have a dishwasher that...

Have a dishwasher that won't start the cycle

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?

Not sure "make", but model # is W10199645

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can, but I'm not good. I took the control panel off and jiggled the wiring I could see, but didn't get any further.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

There are three setting buttons on the left side, and none light when pressed. There are three more on the right side, and two of them DO light when pressed. Nothing happens when I press the "start" button

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/20/2018
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.
Also the website will send you a phone call offer that is not from me!

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

And the number of W10199645 is NOT a model number.

open the dishwasher door and on the right hand side of the tank is the model /serial number tag .

Master Tech
Model # isMD87609AWW1
Phone call session started