Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Please, Ive got a customer that has called in a problem with…

Kelly Please Hi Kelly, Ive...
Kelly Please Hi Kelly, Ive got a customer that has called in a problem with a Maytag dishwasher MDB8959A. The complaint is that the "normal" light flashes and will do advance in anyway. He has powered down and back up but with no change.
3/20/2018
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Hi, Jim! Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

The touch panel is experiencing a failure. Moisture gets in between the contacts in the panel and wreaks havoc with the circuits in there. You may need to replace the control panel but there is a trick you can try first. Turn off the power to the appliance. Use a hair dryer to heat the panel up until very warm while rubbing firmly over each of the buttons. Often times, this will restore operation. Be sure to get the panel very warm but not hot enough to damage the plastic. If this does not work, the panel will need to be replaced.

There are several different panels, depending on the color of the dishwasher.

The touch panel is number 1 in the diagram at the link below.

CLICK HERE

Kelly, Appliance Technician
Thank You Kelly, I hope all is well

You are very welcome, thank you!