Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Our oven will preheat and then stop. it will not re-heat and…

Customer Question
Our oven will preheat...

Our oven will preheat and then stop. it will not re-heat and a continuous beep starts beeping, then it shuts off. what is going on?

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Performa and around 17 years

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I'm hoping its as simple as replacing the igniter in the oven

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/20/2018
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 5 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Does an error code display when it starts beeping?

May I please have the model number of the range?

I believe it said LI. hold on for the model number
PGR5710BD0

Thank you! Probably F1? Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

OK THANKS. THATS PROBABLY RIGHT MY DISPLAY ONLY HALF WORKS

The behavior, the error code and the display all say the clock (oven control) is faulty. It will need to be replaced. The oven control is accessed by removing the number 6 service panel at the link below.

CLICK HERE

The link below is to the part you will need!

CLICK HERE

All connections simply unplug and plug in.

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!

Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 4 months ago

Hello, I see this question is still open and I was just following up to see if you require further assistance.