Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Maytag Bravos XL washer and after 2.5 years the…

I have a Maytag...

I have a Maytag Bravos XL washer and after 2.5 years the bearings went out. To repair it was $620.00. I ordered the bearings kit and tools and my son replaced the bearings. However, since that time, the tank will fill and spin and that's is as far as it will go. It was going through the spin cycle but sounded like a 747 jet taking off so that's when a service rep said it was the bearings. What is possibly wrong with it now?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I bought it in July 2015. I don't have the exact model number with me. It's a Maytag Bravos XL Commercial

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No, if you just tell me what is possibly causing it not to go into a wash cycle.

3/20/2018
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.
Also the website will send you a phone call offer that is not from me!

If it sounds like a jet in the spin mode it is a bearing issue.

Are you sure the bearing and seal kit was installed correctly?

no it was doing that and we've replaced the bearing. It is now not moving from fill and spin to wash.

ok so do you mean the jet noise is now gone after you replaced the bearing and seal kit ?

no thank you. I am not at home and I'd prefer that you speak to my son who has been working on the repair.

As stated in my first post ,If your referring to a phone call prompt I did NOT send that to you ,the web site that we are using does, NOT I!

in your fist post you have made it sound as if after you replaced the bearing and seal kit it is making the jet noise again that I why you have me confused.

and with it just filling and spinning and never advancing .

have you unplugged the unit for 5 minutes to rEBOOT the electronic control board yet?

no there is no longer a jet noise. Initially after the bearings were replaced we received an error code F51, We resolved that problem by further diagnostic testing. It will now fill spin fill spin and does not move to wash mode
are you still available for your service?
we turned the machine several times, but each time we reconnect it fills up and spin.

and you had it unplugged for 5 minutes or more ?

I am helping you along with other customers so there may be a delay in responses to do not panic just wait for my reply thank you.

I can’t ssy it was more than 5 mins but I do believe after further checking it must have been five mins

ok if it was 5 minutes or more and it is still doing the same thing .

then you have a faulty electronic control board .

can I have the model number of the washer please.

The model number is ***** the lid at the rear of the opening on top loaders .If you open the washer lid ,
the model /serial tag is at the rear of the opening on the washer itself.

it is MVWB980BWO
Is is MVWB980zBWO

Thank you!
Give me a few minutes to pull up information on this model.

MODEL NO. IS THE FIRST NO I GAVE YOU ; NOT THE SECOND ONE

Here is a link to the control board but not sure if after putting $650 in to the washer you want to put in a newc control board or not , but here is the info for you to see the price .

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!
------> CLICK HERE<----- for the part you will need to replace.

Thank you if you have any questions just reply back to me .

No I didn't have the repairs done by a service rep. We changed out the bearing ourselves. I only out a little over $100 for the bearing kit. How much does a control board cost?
the cost of the board is $297? I'm not going to put that much into this machine. I'm super annoyed with the quality of this machine. Very disappointing. The control board was working fine until we replaced the bearing. Why would the board go out all of a sudden when it was working fine. I don't understand that.

an electronic control gcan go bad just by a power surge or electrical storms and I have seen then go bad when just the power flickers off and back on ..

And yes these machines are not well designed and I know for a fact that the manufacture does testing on parts so they last just past the 1 year warranty period .

And the control board from that parts dealer has the $60.00 cash back program ,if you return the old board they will then credit you the $60.00 so the board ands up only being like $237.00

Well the Maytag man must really be busy. I am shocked that their quality is so poor. I had a maytag washer and dryer before I bought this model and it was still working after 25 years. Had I known the quality was so poor I would have never bought it. Thank you for your assistance. I will probably buy another machine and it won't be a Maytag. I've been told Speech Queen. But I have also heard with the bigger models the front load start to smell. Is this accurate?
I'm concerned if it turns out not to be the control board (please don't misunderstand me I'm not debating your opinion) but then I'd be out more money if it turns out another problem occurs. What is your recommendation?

Maytag is now owned by Whirlpool since 2005 . and yes the front loaders will start to smell , you HAVE to use the HE type detergent and I recommend using a washer cleaner every six months and leaving the door open when it is not in use to let it dry out inside .

And if you put the control board in and it does not fix it if you order it from the link I sent you they will take the control board back ans I will still assist you an no extra charge.

Master Tech
ok thank you for your assistance. I will have to decide what course I need to take at this time. I appreciate your time and assistance.

glad to assist you anytime.

Thank you!