Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have an high efficiency washer machine and it will not…

Customer Question
I have an Amanda...

I have an Amanda high efficiency washer machine and it will not finish the final spin which makes the clothes still dripping wet what could it be

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Model number NTW4605EWO

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/20/2018
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 4 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.
Also the website will send you a phone call offer that is not from me!

When the wash is doe are the clothes laying in the bottom of the inner tub or are they up on the sides of the inner tub ?

Laying down

ok so that tells me that the unit is not actually spinning .

When it should be spinning at the end do you hear the drive motor running ?

I noticed your request for a phone call. Unfortunately, Just Answer has stated that your request has failed due Credit card issues. BUT I'm happy to continue corresponding with you here on our CHAT as we are now to assist you on your question.

I can hear the motor running

ok so if the motor is in fact running but the unit is not spinning the most likely issue is the shift actuator , not shifting the transmission into a spin mode .

I recommend replacing the shift actuator .

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!
------> CLICK HERE<----- for the part you will need to replace.

This parts link also has a video showing how to replaced the part also .

Thank you if you have any questions just reply back to me .

You don't think it could be the belt too?

does the unit agitate in the wash and rinse modes? if it agitates it is not an issue with the belt .but the belt is easy enough to look at .

just pull the unit out way from the wall and tilt it back against the wall and look up under it ,you may have to remove the cover over the belt to see it , but that is only three screws .

I`m assuming the yes is for yes it does agitate in wash and rinse.

So it would NOT be the belt but the shifter ,not shifting the transmission into a spin mode.

Always glad to assist you anytime.

Thank you in advance.
If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time. I do not get compensated until you rate me.

Okay thanks

anytime.