Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My range is less than 1 1/2 years old. The keypad does not…

My range is less...

My range is less than 1 1/2 years old. The keypad does not work for the oven. It will not allow me to enter temperature. 260 degrees comes up on its own and won't go above that.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Kitchen Aid KSIB900ESS serial number R64411418

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Can I? I've had trouble with the keypad for about 3 months, I've been able to turn off the breaker and it will work for awhile, but this is totally unreliable.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Yes, I'm very upset with my purchase. I thought I was getting/paying for a good range. The cleaning system does not work. I called about that and they said they would send a product which never arrived. At this point, I'd never buy a Kitchen Aid again.

3/20/2018
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.
Also the website will send you a phone call offer that is not from me!

Give me a few minutes to pull up information on this model.
I am helping you along with other customers so there may be a delay in responses to do not panic just wait for my reply thank you.

And just to be sure your selecting a Bake setting and as soon as you press bake the display is showing 260 degrees is that correct?

and if your using the Broil setting and it comes up 260 degrees are you sure that you do not have the oven set for celsius instead of Fahrenheit?

I've had issues with the keypad bake before and I've turned off the breaker and it's reset. But, this is not working now. When I enter 'bake' 260 degrees shows and starts to preheat. It will not take any higher temperature.
when I hit 'broil' it also comes up 260 degrees. I can't enter the correct temperature

ok good info !

This is a electronic control board / clock software issue .you will need to replace the main oven electronic control board .

And when it would rest by you turning off the breaker you were just rebooting the electronic control board but it will not longer reboot ,so it will need to be replaced .

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!
------> CLICK HERE<----- for the part you will need to replace.

Thank you if you have any questions just reply back to me .

when I hit convection, the same thing happens
it looks like the oven was inadvertently set to Celsius. It now seems to be working.

yes it is an issue with in the electronic control board / clock assembly

if it had been in celsius in the boke mode 350 =170 not 260

260 celsius +500 degrees fahrenheit

Does that mean that I will still have to replace the keyboard. I can now set it to the temperature I want.
Also, the part link is to Whirlpool not Kitchenaid

Whirlpool own Kitchen -aid since 1986

And did you change the options to change from celsius to fahrenheit or did it do this all on it`s own?

I changed the setting through tools.

ok the ONLY way the control can shift from farenheit to celcius is for someone to change it or it is a software issue with in the control board .

If you did not change it and it has happened more then once you have an issue with the control board .and it will need to be replaced or it will just keep happening and possible end up not letting you change it back again eventually.

Thanks for your input. I was able to have Kitchenaid schedule a service call since the range is just over a year old.

No problem!

Always glad to assist you anytime.

Thank you in advance.
If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time. I do not get compensated until you rate me.

Master Tech